This year's All Alumni BBQ will celebrate 100 years of Catholic high school education in Lane County. Marist Catholic High School had its beginnings in a single room of the old St. Mary's Elementary School on the corner of 11th and Lincoln in Eugene. The first freshman class enrolled in 1918, and four years later, the first graduation was celebrated.
By the 1950's, with the growth of enrollment, the high school was moved to a new building and named St. Francis High School. It opened its doors to 108 students. The St. Francis class of 1967 will be celebrating their 50th reunion this year!
In September 1968, doors opened on the newly constructed campus of Marist Catholic High school on the banks of the Willamette River. With a new campus came a new name. The Marist Brothers – a group of men dedicated to Mary, the Mother of God, and to the vocation of teaching – was employed to oversee the construction of the new campus and administer to the school for the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon.
Please join us for the annual alumni BBQ
to celebrate St. Mary’s, St. Francis and Marist high school alumni.
We Are One!